Monday, May 4, 2015

Spring Birding - Part 3

Sorry for taking so long. I meant to make this so long ago. I have pictures from almost a month ago.
I can hardly believe how late it is into migration already. In a few days the trees turned green, more warblers will be around, sparrows, waterfowl, shorebirds. So much! I can't believe it! I have finally caught up on organizing my bird photos so I should be able to get a few more posts out quickly.

I have been biking quite a lot the past month, so, with out further ado, my bird photos since near the beginning of April!
Common Grackle

American Robin

Mallards and Killdeer
 Yellowrumps have been around awhile, as well as kinglets. Today we saw our first Palm Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler

Cat at a friends house


Fox Sparrow
 One highlight was a Oregon Junco! They are rare here, but still can be seen. That was a treat!
Dark-eyed Junco "Oregon"

Cooper's Hawk 
And our dog apparently likes the water in the bird bath.
Winzy our dog drinking from the bird bath.
 My brother and sister's violin teacher has a cute little dog that I couldn't leave out.
Puppy dog

Downy Woodpecker
 I also enjoy just photographing things other than birds. Like this moss clump on the forest floor.


After some rainy days we had like fifty robins on our lawn.
American Robins
 Yellowrumps come to our suet sometimes, this is a bright male and a junco.
Yellow-rumped Warbler and Dark-eyed Junco
 There is a nice tree out the back of our road that is quite nice especially at sunset. It is a single tree beside the highway. William named it the Soller-Tree (the name of a hedgehog from the series Redwall) because it is a solitary tree.
The "Soller-Tree"
 We often bike to the Red River floodway, where Hooded Mergansers are quite common.
Hooded Mergansers



2 comments:

  1. Nice photos! That is a very cute puppy. The Yellow-rumped Warblers have such pretty coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do you not see the Yellowrumps in their summer colors then?

      Delete