Sunday, May 3, 2015

Great Canadian Birdathon

I am participating in the Great Canadian Birdathon, which is a fundraiser for bird conservation and research.
A Birdathon is where you go out for a day in May, for up to 24 hours, and see as many birds as you can. You can register on their webpage here. This is my first Birdathon, you can see my page here.

I joined the Manitoba Breeding Bird Atlas team, which means the money I raise will go to them. The MB Bird Atlas is a survey that went on for five years, engaging citizens in documenting the distribution and abundance of the breeding birds in Manitoba. I took part in the MB Bird Atlas and had a lot of fun doing it. It ended last year.

I will choose a day later in May, when there are lots of warblers and shorebirds. I will probably go to Oak Hammock Marsh, which is one of my favorite birding spots. I am sure I will make a blog post once I have done it, so don't forget to check back.

Donate Here

Thanks for donating!

Josiah

1 comment: