Friday, January 9, 2015

Feathers on Friday

Our forest was full of choke cherries, and crab apples. I knew one day some birds would come, I just wasn't sure when. A week ago we found a whole flock of Bohemian Waxwings eating away at the berries. They grew in numbers in a day. My mom thought we had a whole winters supply of berries for them. I thought not. As I suspected, in three days the forest was stripped bare of berries, and the waxwings have moved on to a new feeding spot.
I was able to do a few photoshoots and get some amazing pictures. They are friendly and not shy, so I was able to approach them closely and get some good action shots of them eating. I will make a post soon.
Here is just one of the fantastic pictures I got.
Bohemian Waxwing consuming a choke cherry.


No comments:

Post a Comment