Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Trip to the Zoo

My twin brother and I went to the Assiniboine Park Zoo with some friends. Like any time you visit the zoo we saw lots of animals. First we went to the new Australian Walkabout. There were Emu's and Kangaroo's that you walked around with, but weren't aloud to go to close to them.
There were peafowl walking around all over the zoo beside the paths.

Note: I didn't know what lots of the birds were, if any of you know, I would appreciate it if you told me. Also it was hard to get good pictures of the animals in fences because the camera would focus on the fence not the animals.


an Emu, click on any picture for full screen

We walked around for the rest of the day. I took a lot of flower pictures for my mom at the butterfly garden.
We saw quite a few birds exhibits; Steller's Jay's, Pileated Woodpeckers, Steller's Sea Eagles, Bald Eagles, Pink Flamingo's, Scarlet Ibis', Victoria Crowned Pigeon, Tawny Frogmouth and a lot of others. My favorite birds there were the huge Steller's Sea Eagles and Snowy Owls.
There were some bats also. There were different types of frogs and other amphibians and reptiles. There were big cats like tigers, lions, snow leapords, ocelots and Linx's. There were bison, one of which was white, camels, different kinds of sheep and horses and more.
Hudson the polar bear was waving his head back and forth the whole time we were watching him.
Kangaroos
Overall I had a great time at the zoo! :)  I can't wait they are done construction
A camel

Two camels

Siberian Tigere

Lion

Zebra

Some type of horse, if you know tell me.

The eagle's nest

Steller's Sea Eagle on nest


























Steller's Sea Eagle


A Bighorn Sheep or something

Snow Lepoard

A crane

Some kind of bird with a dead chick in it's mouth















Flowers in the butterfly garden






A very large bird spreading it's wings


A Pronghorn


A peafowl

A vulture that I wasn't familiar with

A group of peafowl resting beside the path

A Capybara, the largest rodent in the world


A croc

Ocelot

I know this was at Bird Kingdom, I thought they said
it was a Ring-tailed Duck but now I am not sure.
If you know what it is please comment.

Pink Flamingo

A type of monkey

Snowy Owl

White Bison

Bald Eagles


Caribou

Hudson the polar bear swinging his head back
and forth

Two frogs

A lizard

A turtle or tortoise

Tawny Frogmouth

Snakes

Doves



Badger

American White Pelican










No comments:

Post a Comment