Thursday, April 20, 2017

Some more Spring Birding

Here are some more photos from yesterday of some spring birds.

Yellow-rumped Warblers are now common yard birds, and we often see them coming to our suet feeders right out our window, which is a lovely treat.

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler
When my brother was in music lessons I had the opportunity to bike to a nearby park, Bois-des-Esprits,  to see if there were any birds around.
As I was cycling I heard a Merlin, and saw a Northern Flicker (first of the year) and a Hermit Thrust (first of the year).

When at the park I cycled around the bike trails, got a little lost and got my bike a little muddy. There were some great birds though, such as a Cooper's Hawk which kept calling and flying around, Golden and Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Hermit Thrushes and Northern Flickers.
Because I was biking on rather rough trails, I didn't get too many photos, but here are a few of them:

Large wood carving in the park

Mallard

White-breasted Nuthatch

Canada Goose 
Canada Goose


 Yesterday evening we returned to Oak Hammock Marsh to try and see the Eurasian Wigeon again. When we got there the flooded field the it and many other ducks were in was mostly empty. We weren't able to find it, but at least two others saw the Wigeon yesterday.

After we were unable to find the Eurasian Wigeon we went for a short walk at the marsh.
Red-winged Blackbird

Canada Goose

Buffleheads

There were also a few Short-eared Owls flying around near the parking lot. Because it was already dusk we couldn't get good photos.

Short-eared Owl

Happy birding!

4 comments:

  1. SEOW again??? If I weren't getting a new camera, I'd gladly buy a plane ticket. The ones around here just won't show. Good shots of the CANG and YRWA. Too bad about the EUWI, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes. I find they're quite easy to see an Oak Hammock.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the Myrtle Warbler pictures. Today, I saw my FoY Yellow-Rumped Warblers - 20+ Audubon's in bright, crisp spring plumage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Thanks great, I've never seen an Audubon's before.

      Delete