Thursday, July 31, 2014

Back from Churchill

We're back!! We arrived home at about 10:30 last night. The trip was a huge success birding-wise, I got about 15 lifers!! I am not sure the exact number of lifers, I stopped counting at 11. I have to wait until I make the eBird checklists. Some of the highlight birds were American Golden Plover, Semipalmated Plover, Parasitic Jaeger, Arctic Terns feeding their babies right up close, Short-billed Dowitcher, Red-necked Phalarope and many others.

Also, I made posts about the spring birds I saw this spring and made them automatically post, everyday we were gone. So there was a storm of long posts, and after three the earlier ones went off the page. So if you haven't read them all, if you have time, sit down and read them right now. There are still going to be more Spring Birds posts, so stay tuned. And stay tuned for the Churchill posts!!!!!!!!

Here is the list of Spring Birds posts so far

Spring birds - Sparrows and Finches

Spring Birds - Raptors

Spring Birds - Warblers and Vireos

Spring Birds - Woodpeckers, Hummingbirds and Nighthawks

Spring Birds - Shorebirds

Spring Birds - Waterbirds

No comments:

Post a Comment