Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Weekly What Bird Wednesday

If you make your own Weekly What Bird post you can put the link in the comments and I'll put the link in my post.
We saw this bird at Assiniboine Park with Christian Artuso.

Last weeks Weekly What Bird was an American Tree Sparrow. Thanks to Prairie Birder and Christian Artuso for the advice and guesses.

In my last post I said the goldfinches were gone but they are still here flocking the finch feeder even though we were in the middle of a snowstorm. The goldfinch with the bright yellow crown is also still here.

3 comments:

  1. Mom's guess is a male Mallard with fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to guess too - is it a Greater Scaup (female). I can't work out what the bill looks like because of the ripples, and I'd expect a more obvious light patch near the base of the bill - but that's my guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photo! Greater Scaup or Mallard.

    ReplyDelete