Thursday, August 3, 2017

Off to Long Point!

In the Spring I was chosen to participate in the Doug Tarry Young Ornithologist Workshop at the Long Point Bird Observatory in Ontario. It is a week long workshop training six young aspiring Ornithologists with hands on work and bird banding in a research-oriented setting.

I am flying out early tomorrow morning to Toronto where I will get a ride to Long Point, which is two hours away. Long Point is a point that juts out 35km into lake Erie and is famed for its  bird life and research. Only six people are chosen to attend the workshop, so I am very excited to learn all I can and even see some new birds!


"Since the creation of the Doug Tarry Young Ornithologists' Workshop in the mid-1970s, it has been the jumping-off point for many of Canada's best and brightest scientists, field biologists, and naturalists. Thanks to the keen foresight and generosity of humanitarian and naturalist Doug Tarry, the workshop is offered free to selected applicants. The program has trained over 150 young people since 1991."

1 comment:

  1. Have a great week! I'm looking forward to hearing your report later.

    ReplyDelete